ashes2life is a community devoted to discussing both Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars.
This is a place where you can squee, post vids, pictures, screencaps and fan fiction.
If you have any queries, suggestions or concerns, feel free to contact lozenger8 via private message or email at lozenger8 at gmail dot com.
1. There is a line between discussing negative aspects of a character and bashing them, please don't cross it. It's perfectly fine to bring up an angry reaction to a character's choices ("I think Sam was an idiot when he let Gene go walking off by himself the night Haslam was murderered"), but not to wish bloody vengeance on a character's head ("Sam deserves to be drawn and quartered, he's such an imbecile, he's disgusting and I hope he dies a fiery death.")
2. No flaming other members of the community.
3. Please use a clearly-labeled LJ-cut for the following: large images plentiful images spoilers for unaired and newly-aired episodes of Ashes to Ashes. There is no need to post warnings about spoilers for Life on Mars.
4. No RPF here, please.
5. Warn for rape, character death (even canonical character death) and situations involving BDSM in your fan fiction notes.
6. When posting fic, please use this as your subject - Title, Author, Rating, Pairing (eg. Paralleosam, Loz, Blue Cortina, Sam/Alex), and the following header information at the top of your post: Title: (Mandatory) Rating: (Mandatory) Word Count/Length: (Optional, but really very useful for comm readers.) Notes: (Optional or Mandatory, depending on the story. Include warnings, spoiler warnings, thanks to your beta[s], anything you want --- but try to keep it short.) Summary: (Optional, but once again, very useful.)
Cortina/Quattro Rating System
G - White Cortina/Quattro This rating describes fic fit for kiddies, simple, easy on the eye. The type of story where the characters might get a kiss at the end of it, but only in the most disney-esque setting... to the extent that anything set in a universe where people drink a lot, smoke a lot and beat each other up a lot could be thought of as disney-esque.
PG - Green Cortina/Quattro This rating describes the next level up from child-reading fic. This is probably suitable for teens around thirteen onwards, though it depends on the maturity of the teens. It might feature a quick kiss, grope, cuddle, and in more prominence than the white cortina, but nothing which a normal, well adjusted thirteen year old would take umbrage at. Mild swearing and the occasional thump may also be included.
PG-13 - Blue Cortina/Quattro Here, allusions to nice, sweet, mutually fulfilling sex appears. The inclusion of more explicit description, swear words and a bit more bouncing off the wall is catered for. This type of story is definitely suitable for people over the age of 13.
R/NC-17 - Brown Cortina/Quattro Smutty hardcore happy shagging. The feel good PWP comes under this type of cortina as does abduction/torture (I would say mild torture, but I'm not sure thats two words that can go together - grabbing them and beating them stuff basically), kink is mild and fluffy, more silk scarves and feathers rather than bloodplay and auto-erotic asphyxiation. Happy dirty explicit porn and suchlike! Suitable for 17 and over.
R/NC-17 - Red Cortina/Quattro - Fics which will need liberal warnings. Disturbing, rape fic, hardcore kinks, hardcore language, twisted and upsetting scenarios. Dark and Deviant. Suitable for people over the age of 17 who like that sort of thing.